Self Employed Web

Quarterly Estimated Tax Payments Form 1040-ES

Posted on Tuesday, July 16th, 2013 by

If you are self employed, you do not have an employer that withholds income tax. You have to take care of accounting and paying your taxes quarterly. You do this by filing Form 1040-ES available with instructions on the irs website. This package includes four payment vouchers. The dates for 2013 are:

  • April 15
  • June 17
  • September 16
  • January 15

If you fail to file enough, then you might be penalized when you file your income tax at the end of the year. There is a worksheet to help you figure good estimated quarley payments. A good guideline is paying what you paid last year unless there has been a dramatic change in your income. It is easy to forget, but Form 1040-ES is another one of the responsibilities of being self employed versus getting wages or a W-2.

About Self Employed Web

Self Employed Web has been providing self employment advise and resources since January 30th, 2003. Get started via our popular SUV Tax Deduction list, Corp vs. LLC article, or eBay tips section. Over 300 other articles are categorized in the navigation menu on the lefthand side of this webpage. If you have a question not answered on this website, please contact us.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.